Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

My father took temporary custody of my son in August 2016. I've lived with him every since and got my life straightened out just like the judge asked me to. Well, I want to regain custody of my son. When I go before the judge should I hire a lawyer?

Asked on 1/18/18, 4:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Steven Anderson J. Steven Anderson Law Firm, PLLC

It is almost certainly going to be easier to accomplish this with the help of a lawyer, if only from the standpoint of making sure that all of the paperwork is done correctly. Judges are a lot more likely to give you what you are asking for if you make it easy for them to do. A lawyer who knows what they are doing can do that. If your father agrees that you should regain custody, it probably will not be a problem. If he is opposed, you will absolutely need a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/18, 7:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee