Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

legal notice for divorce

my estranged wife's where abouts are unknown. Last contact 4/07 in Pasadena, TX. I want to file for divorce. I currently live in TN. I need advice on what to do now. We have no assets and no children to consider.

Asked on 4/03/09, 10:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: legal notice for divorce

You can file for divorce in Tennessee and if you cannot find her, you can attempt a notice by publication. Before that, you must make an attempt to locate her address. Since there are some legal issues related to getting the court to authorize a notice by publication, you'll need to hire a family law attorney to work with you.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/09, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee