Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

I need help please. I really don't know what to do. The mother and I used to live in the same town. When we lived in the same town we went to court over our daughter and the judge said that the custody agreement would be 50/50. Where I get my daughter from Sunday to Sunday 6:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m,, The judge also said that she was the primary custodial parent. Now around 3 months ago, the mother had moved over 300 miles away. I live in La Vergne Tennessee and she moved to Johnson City Tennessee right next to Bristol. Every Sunday my girlfriend and I leave La Vergne at 12:30 pm and drive 4 hours to drop of my daughter. Johnson City is in the Eastern Time Zone hence the reason we leave at 12:30 pm just so we can make it there by 6 p.m. There is no child support agreement nothing. The courts don't even know that she moved and that I'm doing all the commuting back and forth. Making these trips is starting to become unbearable. Someone give me an answer please

Asked on 3/10/15, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lauren Castles Castles Family Law

It sounds like your ex did not comply with the provisions of the Tennessee relocation statute. You should be able to file a Petition to remedy this, but you need to get started on that. The longer you allow the child to live away, the harder it might be to make a case that she should be brought back to the LaVergne area. I would be happy to meet with you and/or schedule a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/15, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee