Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

TN child parenting plan, mother is to notify that she is moving by certified letter 30 prior to moving. She did not and will not give address. Child is being taken out of one school system pre-k and has not registered him in another school system. Can we file contempt of court and do we have to have a lawyer to do so?

Asked on 12/12/17, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Steven Anderson J. Steven Anderson Law Firm, PLLC

You can file a Petition (or Motion) for Contempt, but you also need to file to Modify the Parenting Plan so that you can either change the parenting time (I am assuming she is moving far enough away that the current parenting schedule wont work). It may also be appropriate to change the child support based on the move. You may want to ask that you be named Primary Residential Parent if you think it is in the child's best interest not to move away..

Read more
Answered on 12/12/17, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee