Legal Question in Immigration Law in Tennessee

Adjustment of status

I came here with fiance visa on 2005 but i still didnt file for adjustment status yet (financial issue)..Am I illegal?We talk to INS over the phone and they told us that I'm not illegal as long as I'm not commit a crime..Is it true?

And Is there any place to help me with this?Are they going to deny my paper when it comes time for me to file my paper?

I'm really concern..Thank you

Asked on 9/24/08, 1:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Husna Alikhan Alikhan Law Office, LLC

Re: Adjustment of status

Did you get married after entering on a fiancee visa? If not, you are in the USA without status and will face a ten year bar to re-entry. If you married within 90 days of entry, you are alright with respect to status. Require more information than you have provided.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/08, 12:23 pm
Johm Smith tom's

Re: Adjustment of status

You really should get moving forward with your process. Otherwise one mistake could get you deported.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/08, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Tennessee