Legal Question in Immigration Law in Tennessee

I'm a European citizen, living in the UK. I want to visit my friend, who is an US citizen and lives in the US. However, my friend has a misdemeanor conviction and her probation isn't spent yet. I heard that the fact that my friend has the conviction, would prevent me from visiting her. Is this true?

Asked on 7/04/13, 4:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You can visit the U.S. on a visa waiver or B-2 visa. Your U.S. citizen friend's criminal record is irrelevant. It is you who cannot have a criminal record, or your visa and/or entry could be denied.

You can obtain more information on visa waivers and B-2 visas at the U.S. Department of State website:

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Tennessee