Legal Question in Employment Law in Tennessee

I work at a child care center. A parent came in asking for his child's things. So I gave them to him. I was later informed that, that parent still owed money to the center for childcare by my boss and was told that the money would be taken out of my pay. Can they do that? (In Tennessee)

Asked on 2/18/14, 10:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James R. Becker, Jr. Becker Law Firm

As a general matter, if there is a written agreement between you and the employer for deductions of this nature from the paycheck, then it is permissible. Otherwise, an employer cannot take this money out of your check.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/14, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Tennessee