Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Tennessee

I got a divorce last year. In the divorce agreement, I gave my ex husband the house. My ex husband has looked into refinancing the mortgage in order to remove my name from it, but we owe more on the mortgage than what the house is appraised for. What are some other options to get my name removed off the mortgage?

Asked on 3/28/13, 6:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Woodruff Attorney At Law

The other way to remove your name from the mortgage is to refinance, sell, or allow the home to go into foreclosure. Under all of those options, money is going to have to be brought to the table to pay off the deficiency if you are upside down in the loan.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Tennessee