Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Tennessee


I recieved information that my deceased husband had invested money in a pension back 35 yrs ago..He died 9 years ago.I knew nothing about this .It was $1100...they wanted death certificate marriage and birth from him...I sent all that in and a few months later they said I would be getting $1200 a month ...then I called for I did not understand all of the paper...they said it was all wrong that all I would be getting was $2800 before taxes...filled out all the income tax papers for them to take out the taxes on them and then I called them back to see if when the money was going to be deposited into my acct...they said it had turned into a legal matter and was at their lawyers and I would be recieving a letter...that has been over a month ago and have called numerous times and they will tell me nothing..This has been going on now for almost a year...what am I to do?

Asked on 5/11/09, 3:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Plummer Robert H. Plummer, Jr Attorney

Re: pension

Call the Commissioner of Insurance in Nashville and make a report to see if they will respond. Otherwise you probably will have to wait or haire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/09, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Tennessee