Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Tennessee

Probate husband's will

Is this something i can do myself or must i have an attorney to do this?

Need advice.

Thank you.

Asked on 10/30/08, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Ayers Law Office of Andrea M. Ayers

Re: Probate husband's will

It depends. In Tennessee if your husband's estate (value of his property) did not exceed $25,000.00 then you could probate the will yourself.

See Tenn. Code Ann. 30-4-101 for a detailed description of the process. Otherwise, you will need an attorney. I would suggest that you contact a local estate/probate attorney for further consultation regardless of the action that you take.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/08, 11:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Tennessee