Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

My grandmother left me a small piece of property and she gave me the warranty deed! I never had it transferred into my name. Well she passed away a few months ago and I'm wondering how I would go about getting the property in my name

Asked on 12/16/12, 4:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


If what she gave you is a proper Deed with a notarized signature, just go down the County Clerk's Deed records office and file it. Then its yours formally. If not, you may have to go throught a small probate proceeding. let me know if I can help.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/12, 6:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas