Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

my wife was ordered to pay child care expenses (daycare) in her divorce decree but she does not work as i make enough to support the both of us. Does she have to pay if she is available to watch the kids but her ex refuses to let her"

Asked on 3/31/13, 5:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Leonard Bob Leonard Law Group, PLLC

Depending on the actual terms of the decree, possibly. To avoid this, she should have the decree modified so that she will be responsible for being with the children during the applicable times. If there are no other problems, then that might not be too difficult, particularly if the father has no good reason for refusing this.

A family law attorney should be able to help you evaluate this.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/13, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas