Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

I applied for chapter 7 bankruptcy with a law firm - I paid $500.00 up front and then made monthly payments of $344.00 untill entire bill was paid. The law firm said that once the entire bill was paid they would start proceedings. I made the last payment in December 2008. In march I was still receiving collection calls, so I contacted the firm to find out the status and was told that no work was done on my case beacuse they were too busy and it was hard to find people to work in the bankruptcy business. After a couple of months I called back and demanded that I receive a full refund. All I could do was leave messages, and I was receiving no call backs. In Aug 2009 I received a letter from the law firm stating that if I wanted a refund to fax it in writting. This was completed on 08-22-09. They have now sent a letter stating that no refunds will be given.What can I do to get this money?

Asked on 10/01/09, 5:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Maun Lawrence J. Maun, P.C.

Go to the following Texas State Bar site. It contains instructions on how to proceed:;=/TaggedPage/TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=51&ContentID=7034

Read more
Answered on 10/06/09, 5:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas