Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

We had a mobile home that we financed; we were sent the clear title with no lean holder on it. A few years later we sold the home. We are still making payments on the home, but now I have been unemployed for two years we can afford to make the payments any more.

What can the finance company do if we file chapter 7. The home is in the new owner’s names, we when through a title company when we sold it.

Asked on 9/25/12, 1:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

We need to see the financing documents. In Texas there is a crime called "hindering a secured creditor," but we need to see if the lien was actually in place.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/12, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas