Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

Can a person in texas take a bankruptcy even though that person is only legally separated and not completely divorced?

Asked on 10/13/09, 7:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Nichols Law Office of Andrew B. Nichols

Usually a person who is separated can file a bankruptcy petition and explain that the divorce is pending. Most of the time it is not a big issue especially if the parties have been living separately for quite a while. Feel free to visit my website:

Read more
Answered on 10/19/09, 4:12 pm
William D. Weber Weber Law Firm, P.C.


William D. Weber


6666 Harwin Drive, Suite 220

Houston, TX 77036-2251


(713) 789-3300 Telephone

(713) 893-6004 Fax

(832) 723-7970 Mobile

[email protected] E-Mail Internet

Read more
Answered on 10/19/09, 5:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas