Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

My son has 2006 debt that turned into a judgment and he is considering filing bankruptcy. He is now married and this was pre-marriage debt. How can he file bankrupty and my daughter in law note be included or damaged by it?

Asked on 7/28/09, 9:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William D. Weber Weber Law Firm, P.C.

Yes. Your nson can file bankruptcy without the joinder of the daughter in law. The pre-marital debt should be discharged in the bankruptcy. No information about the son's bankruptcy filing shopuld be lised on the daughter in law's credit file.

William D. Weber


6666 Harwin Drive, Suite 220

Houston, TX 77036-2251


(713) 789-3300 ? Telephone

(713) 893-6004 ? Fax

(832) 723-7970 ? Mobile

[email protected] ? E-Mail ? Internet

Read more
Answered on 7/28/09, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas