Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

who to sue?

About 3 years ago, I purchased a bicycle and wheel set from, a company that went bankrupt. After, purchasing these items, I had a problem with the wheel set. So, I reutrn it via mail to a employee call Pat Maee. He was dealing with me during the process. Now, the company went bankrupt and I have still not recieved the item or money for the items. Now, who do I sue to get the money or items. And also made several inquire about the items before the company went under. By the way, I have the bank and the owner of the company and they have gave me no help to the problem. TKS

Asked on 11/01/05, 7:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

Re: who to sue?

If claims are allowed, you may file a claim with the bankruptcy court. If you believe they fraudulently misled you, you may file an adversary action for return of the money. In either case, though, you probably shouldn't hold your breath about getting your money back. Bankruptcy often results in relieving the debtor of debts it owes.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/05, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas