Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

business partners

i invested in a popular pizza cain store. i am co signer with the loan.i am to recieve 4%of gross sales no later than 30 days after the month.i have to constantly call and complain to recieve he is 2 months behind and not paying.what are my option?is ther any crimminal wrong doing here ?if i can just sue to get my money,that gets expencive for me and what keeps him from doing it again?I have a small farm and have ALS [LOU GERHIGS ] i saved for years so my family will have something when im gone. oh.yes the pizza place is does between 20,000 to 25,000 a week ..please help..

Asked on 10/01/07, 9:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: business partners

You could sue for a temporary restraining order, breach of fiduciary duty, charging order and appointment of master and attorneys fees. Might cost you a little money to start with but you should get it back when he starts paying you and his share to a master. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/07, 6:26 am

Johm Smith tom's

Re: business partners

Mr. Grissom is on point as usual. This kind of litigation is one of the rare types that is definitely worth it.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/07, 4:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas