Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

Buyback dispute

I purchased an item from an online store in another state that has a ''buyback'' offer. This states that if you send the product back (used) they will pay a certain amount ($120.00 in this case). I sent an item back with tracking and never recieved my check or a response. The USPS confirms delivering the item two days after I sent it. After calling and emailing for 2 months I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They asked for the tracking info (which was in the original complaint) which I provided, again. Here we are almost 2 months later and after several calls and emails I have yet to hear anything from them. I tried to reopen the BBB case but I've gotten no response from them. What can I do?

Asked on 6/24/06, 6:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie

Re: Buyback dispute

Keep your tracking information, contact a lawyer in the state where the business is located, and find out what it would cost to sue them. The rest is a purely economic decision on your part.

Also consider filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, with the AG's office in the seller's state, and with the Postal Inspector of anything was done by mail.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/06, 1:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas