Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

Two fridays ago my Samsung 6 egde short circuited in my hand when i tried to plug it in to charge. I called them and they told me to send in the phone and they will try and repair it. And i did just so and i still have the tracking number to the UPS. After mailing it I waited about 4 days after not being able to track my ticket number on the support site and not getting a call back, i decided to call and find out whats going to happen to my phone. The representative told me i will receive an email or a phone call from them in two to three business days. Its about to be two week I have all recordings of phone calls i have made and two online chat messages. Basically i am paying 700 dollars for a phone that i am not even using and they stole it because I have called multiple times and I have told them I want either a full refund of my phone or a repair/replacement. I honestly dont know what to do here after constant empty promise and supposedly ticket numbers i have decided to take some legal advice. I have phone recordings since the beginning when i filed for my phone repair and messages. HELP!

Asked on 9/16/16, 4:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

There's a fine line between bad customer service and a consumer law problem that might make it worthwhile to hire a consumer attorney to represent you. It's not immediately clear whether this is a problem that has risen to a legal problem where you want to hire a consumer law attorney but perhaps it is getting close. I would suggest first trying to sort out the problem yourself before spending the time and money hiring an attorney. When you call and talk to whoever is handling the repair you should ask to speak with a supervisor because the phone employee may not have the ability or authority to do more than what has already been done. I know the situation is frustrating but be persistent and professional on the phone. If your phone is truly lost or not being repaired then that is probably the time to hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/16, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas