Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

I received a letter from a lawyer representing a company who was hired to repair water damage and replace my floor. This was in May 2010. The company made promises that the work would be completed in 2 weeks but the job was never completed. After trying to get the company to come back and complete the job, I gave up. They fired the project manager that was in charge of my job, and I could only talk to a receptionist who would only say that I needed to pay them. I have never received a bill from this company, but now they have contacted a lawyer to collect money. Should I get a lawyer? Is it possible to countersue them for never completing the job?

Asked on 9/24/11, 10:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tanja Martini The Martini Law Firm, PC

If you are being contacted by an attorney who represents an interest that is adverse to you, then yes, you should seek legal advice from an attorney to ensure that your interests are being protected.

You raise several issues that that need to be explored further so that you are given a complete and accurate answer.

Our firm represents people in your position. Please feel free to go to our website for more information. We welcome the opportunity to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/11, 9:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas