Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

starting an L.L.C. company , can I get my EIN number for banking and insurance to start work. In the mean time can I start and finish paper filing for the the state ?

Asked on 1/08/19, 12:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

You can get the EIN ahead of filing for the LLC, but if for whatever reason the state rejects the filing like if there is a conflict with the business name you will have to file for a new EIN. Usually best to get the entity set up first, which really doesn't take much time anyway.

While you might be able to start working, if you are transacting business remember you have no liability until that entity is properly registered and it will need its own separate bank account for you to avoid comingling.

If you need clarification, I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/19, 12:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas