Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

I have 2 pet lizards at a friends house. I paid for them, their housing, and everything to do with them. However, the friend refuses to give them back. I want to sell them, If I sold them and gave that person a receipt, is it legal for them to go get the lizards and caging with the signed and hand written receipt?

Asked on 12/01/10, 6:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Since there's no VIN on a lizard, you're going to have to sue the guy who stole (is stealing) the lizards; the cause of action is "conversion." This lawsuit would be through a Justice Court.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/10, 5:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas