Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

I live in Texas. I was engaged but my ex fiancÚ broke off the engagement. While we were together she had lost the ring. Now that we are not together I feel since she doesn't have the ring she should pay me what it is worth. Do I have a chance of winning in small claims court?

Asked on 5/13/13, 2:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If she lost the ring, then she is off the hook. You cannot punish her for losing it. If she stil had it and she broke off the engagement as you say, then you would be entitled to it back.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas