Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas


I was recently in a convenience story buying some snuff. I got kind of mad at the clerk b/c he wanted to charge me a $1 for a empty cup to spit in. On my way out I opened the door hard and broke it. It only needed to be put back on the hinge. I did not help I just left in my girlfriends car with her driving. I found out a day later that they called the cops and an investageter is involver. They apparenty might of pressed charges. I have 2 ?s

1st- Is my girlfriend in any trouble for driving her car off(they wrote her plate down)

2nd- Is this a big problem for me(jail-time) I mean I did not break the door severely there was not even a bill involved .

Asked on 5/15/07, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: PROPERTY damage

You damaged property. Make good on it, and negotiate that as the end of it.

They didn't have to give you a cup that they paid for to spit in for free.

If you were the clerk and possibly would have been forced to pay for customer damage, what would *you* have done??

Read more
Answered on 5/24/07, 4:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas