Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

I am wanting to get a divorce, but my husband doesn't know. He will probably be going out of town soon. Should I wait for him to leave before I file? I do have a son and I know that he will be very upset once he finds out that I'm wanting to divorce him. What should I do? Whats the best way to protect myself in case he tries to hurt me?

Asked on 8/20/09, 12:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You must have problem wiht yourself because you have not been truthful to yourself and your husband. If you are want that divorce is the only way out of the problem, discuss it wihtyour husband. He maight also have the same thought in his mind. He may be willing to sign a waiver wihtout the need to pay for the issuance anf service of citation on him. If he is violent, file for divorce and protective order. With the protective order in place, he will not hurt you if he is a law abiding person and if he try to or hurt you he will be purnished bythe law for violating the protective order in place. The best way is for you to avoid exposing yourself once you file for divorce if he is someone who will not obey the law ( respect protective order).

Read more
Answered on 8/20/09, 3:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas