Legal Question in Construction Law in Texas

I was hired by a contractor to paint at Miller Brewing in Ft Worth Texas for 10 days. Three weeks have passed since completion, and no check. He won't return my calls. What are my options? Can I place a lien on Miller?

Asked on 3/03/12, 1:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

If he won't return your calls, that's a good sign that you should stop using the telephone.

Telephones are outdated.

Write him a demand letter (put a date on it, and keep a copy) and tell him you want to be paid. Tell him how much, and tell him where to send the check. Tell him that if you haven't received the check in ten days, you'll sue him. And then on the 11th day, sue him. It's called breach of contract.

Your question about placing a lien on Miller can't be answered unless we have more information. Was your contract in writing? What did the contract say?

Read more
Answered on 3/04/12, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Texas