Legal Question in Construction Law in Texas

First time user, I need help with a contractor who pressured my wife into signing a blank contract with no estimate or cost of doing the job. This was an insurance claim and they said they needed the contract to even speak with our insurance company. They would never provide me with estimate or cost because they wanted to milk the insurance company and leave me out of the process. Pressured into giving deposit and my signed a document which she though was giving them the right to speak to insurance. They completed the sheetrock repairs damaging my home and also over billing me what the insurance company would have paid for that anyway. Headed to a small claims court for a "motion hearing". Can I fight this being a contract. I have emails showing the pressure to sign the contract or not get back in your home which pressured my wife to sign.

I am seeking refund in deposit for 2K plus cost to repair home in Small Claims

Asked on 9/16/11, 9:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Get a lawyer and have him (her?) file a counter-suit for your damages.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/11, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Texas