Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas


I have been renting to own some furniture from a company. I have been paying them monthly until in Oct 2007, they took funds from my card account without my permission. I havent paid while this item was in dispute. The dispute is over, I recieved my money back from my card company. I sent the company an email stating that I will now start to pay them. They declined my payment and has harassed me ever since then by telling my roommate/neighbors my business, beating on my windows/doors, looking through my windows, and dumping my trash can all over my yard. I dont answer the door because im scared of them. Its two men. Ive offered to pay them but they do not want my payments. What can I do? I feel like they are harassing me.

Asked on 4/03/08, 6:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Harassment

I very much agree with Ms. Campbell.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/08, 12:19 pm
Sharon Campbell Sharon K. Campbell

Re: Harassment

You need to pay them. Get money orders, fill them out, make a copy to keep. Mail them certified mail, return receipt requested. That said, you have a case against them under the Texas Debt Collection Practices Act for their harassment. Get caught up on your payments and then pursue the lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/08, 7:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas