Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

I made an agreement with a seller to purchase a used vehicle. he drew up paperwork and stated what the total was, how much i put down,and that when paid in full i could pick it up. the vehicle description is on the paper along with cowl tag number. i paid him $1000 out of $1300 and when i called him two weeks after my last payment to complete my purchase and pick up, i was told he was "unavailable,i needed to pay more than discussed to pick up, that he was incarcerated and they would get back with me when he was out". two months passed and when i asked what was going on they are saying hes not in jail and he just isn't going to give me the car.i have the emails from his girlfriend saying this and i have the purchase agreement. what should i do? after hearing that he refuses to give me the car i m not sure if i should go to his house and confront him about this but i want my car.

Asked on 8/09/13, 10:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

A key issue is whether the purchase agreement says he can refuse to sell the car to you until you pay in full. However, regardless of what the purchase agreement says he cannot keep the money you paid and the car.

You should consider contacting a lawyer to help you out. If you would like you can contact my office and we can discuss some options.You can contact my office at 817.857.1123 or [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas