Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas


I went in a furniture store on Aug. 8 2007. I picked out some furniture. The items I wanted we put on a bill of sale. I gave the owner a hold check in the amount of approx. $15,000.00. I did not get the money I thought I was going to get and could not buy the furniture. The owner of the furniture store calls me sometimes several times a day to request money for the furniture. He put the furniture in storage in which I have been paying $130.00 per month. I can not afford the purchase and I do not want to pay the storage fee anymore. The owner has my check and will not return it. I have never touched the furniture it is still in his possession. What can I do? Can he do anything to me with the hold check. How do I severe this horrible deal?

Asked on 1/30/08, 9:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: purchase

You need to take that bill of sale to an attorney to see if you have an avenue out of this mess. You have communicated yourself with this guy, and have been unsuccessful. A lawyer may or may not be able to help you. Since you have never taken possession of the furniture, you might be able to safely stop payment on the check.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/08, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas