Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

I was necessary to sue collector that continued collection activity after they refused to validate debt. However, when I contacted the Secretary of State to get name of local registered agent they informed me that there was no active registered agent on file. I would like to find out the best way to have them served or let them know they are attempting to collect in a county they have no registered agent.

Asked on 12/12/12, 6:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sharon Campbell Sharon K. Campbell

If they are a corporation, they have officers which may be served. Find out the name and address of one or more officer. Either from the Secretary of State's office or the Texas Comptroller's office. Also, check with the Secretary of State to see if they have a debt collector's bond.

Sharon Campbell

Read more
Answered on 1/31/13, 7:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas