Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

A couple of years ago i got an online payday loan. I didnt pay it back . I hot a call from someone saying im bring served to go to court fir that loan and i had to be available on a certain date so they can serve me.

Asked on 10/18/13, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

you don't have to be available..but when a process server must accept the papers..

and be sure to file a written answer...but they can sue but cannot make you "be available"...and

I would suggest you send them a short letter...."Do not contact me again except in writing as

required by the Fair Debt Collection Act."...then if they call...get the name/address of they would be subject to $1000 penalty and attorney fees

Read more
Answered on 10/18/13, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas