Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

What do I do if I'm trying to file a fraud claim on old debt from over four years ago? I don't want to involve the courts or the police, which is why I never solved this before (my ex-fiance is the one who opened it under my name).

Asked on 7/23/13, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

Not sure how to answer as the statute of limitations on the debt has probably run, as has the statute of limitations on a criminal charge (depending on the exact circumstances.)

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 2:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas