Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I have a judgement on my credit report which has been paid how do I remove this judgement? If I can't contact the corporation which placed the judgement on my report how do I handle the situation. This has lingered for a couple of years and I need this cleared up in the next couple of days.

Asked on 3/18/14, 5:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Forget about the corporation that made the report. Write to the credit bureau (I'd write to all three of them) - PAPER letter, no phone calls or emails - and send them documentation about the payment of the debt.

Send the letters by certified mail with a return receipt requested - it will cost you about $5.70 per letter.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/14, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas