Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

How would I start collection procedures against a church school for which I provided services?

Asked on 12/12/13, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Williamson Charles J. Williamson, Attorney At Law

A couple of ways to proceed, and you should go after it every way you can. Under Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, you need to provide them with a particular kind of warning letter first - before you can sue under the Act. Attraction for suing under the Act is that you might be able to collect treble (triple) what they owe you if they're just trying to scam you. Of course, you can just file suit on them as well, immediately, and the type of the agreement you had with them for the work and the manner of payment would determine which ways you could go on this. You should get together with someone (an atty.) and walk through this in detail so that it can be lined out for you in detail.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/13, 7:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas