Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I want to know if the 180 day rule apply. if you haven't been to trial in almost a year on a criminal case. Don't the have 180 days to try thecase

Asked on 11/21/18, 3:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

There is no 180 day rule with regard to trial. You have a the right to demand a "speedy trial" but the speed of the trial is also dictated by the court's schedule. You don't get to have your case heard before others who cases are older. Talk to your lawyer about this.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/18, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas