Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Hello! If my 21yr old son is on probation for weed under 2oz and having a gun in his apartment,2yr ajudicated. he just got another charge of burglary of a habitation. he was with the guy who actualy did the burglary. Can he hire a lawyer to get him another ajudicated probation so it want be on his record. Is that possible?

Asked on 10/07/11, 3:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

He needs to hire a lawyer to represent him because he is facing a second degree felony as well as potential revocation of his probations. He can easily be held accountable on the burglary if he did ANYTHING such as serve as a lookout while the other guy entered the home. He is as culpable as the guy who went in.

His chances of getting deferred are slim. He is not serious about probation and picking up a felony while on probation is a serious violation.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/11, 6:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas