Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I was arrested on charges of criminal trespass and terroristic threats, however, I never trespassed or threatened this woman (plaintiff). Its a long story but there isnt any evidence confirming these charges. Just a woman's testimony. If I knew I was guilty, I would've just gotten a lawyer to represent me at the court but I would plead guilty. But I don't want to plead guilty because I didn't commit the charges. The details are that one night I heard a neighbor calling me names (its happened many times before) this time I got tired of it and went out of my gate and a FEW STEPS INTO THE STREET NEVER INTO HER PROPERTY and I started screaming to her "What the hell did I do to you?" She got scared and ran into her house. But she didnt call the cops right away. She waited until her husband got home (about 20 min) and then called the cops. If she was in danger don't you think she would've frantically called the cops so they can assist right away?

Asked on 7/12/13, 11:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You need to hire a lawyer to represent you. The lawyer may be able to get the charges dismissed; otherwise, plan to go to trial.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas