Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

i have to many blanks open .i am trying to get my felony expunged .so far i have written a letter with as far as i know all subject matter needed .please detail me what i need to do .this is a P.O.C.S. back in 2000.did my time and not arrested since.this has hindered me on jobs .how do i get expunged .I HAVE NO MONEY FOR DOCUMENTS.barely to stay alive .need to find a good job and this is stopping me from that please let me know asap .appreciate your time .thanks scott

Asked on 7/30/13, 9:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You can only expunge records on cases that were dismissed or charges for which you were found not guilty. You must file a petition for expunction in civil district court and pay the filing fee and expenses to have the various parties notified. If you "did [your] time" this means no expunction and no nondisclosure (which is for completed deferred adjudication probations.)

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas