Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

My brother had a warrant for his arrest for breaking probation his warrant was bearly issued he left to M�xico for a family emergency came back so he could turn himself in but on the border they took him in we are afraid that the time he spends over there wont count for what he owes here in north richland hills could he get transfer over here or what can we do to help him?

Asked on 9/27/11, 5:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If he is in custody on the warrant from Texas, and he is in Texas, then it should be no problem in getting him credit. If there is any dispute, then someone can get a document from the jail showing that he was in custody there for the outstanding warrant at issue and the amount of time he was in such custody. (His lawyer ought to be able to get this done if not directly, then by having someone from the sheriff's department contact the jail there when he gets transferred to North Richland Hills.)

If he is in cusstody in Mexico, then someone needs to get an official document showing the time he has been in custody and the basis for which the jail has held him (on the warrant from Texas.)

Read more
Answered on 9/27/11, 8:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas