Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I have been charged for chatting about sexual topics and desire to meet but not have sex with someone who claimed she is 17. (This happened in year 2002)

I deeply regret this, Though the chat- according to my ex lawyer-could have been conducted by a police officer (trap) over 12 years ago. When I reached the destination provided by the other party, I was surrounded by two police cars and taken to jail. I was released with a bond. I was jobless then and I received a job offer overseas and left the US before the court date. My passport was confiscated by US embassy in Saudi Arabia and I want to resolve my problem and retrieve my passport.. Other details could be provided upon request.

Thanks for contacting me by either email or phone.

Asked on 1/14/14, 8:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

We don't have your email or your phone.

This problem may be fixable.

You probably don't have "entrapment" available as a defense.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/14, 1:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas