Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I got a class B misdemeanor for theft over $50.

This is the first offense, nothing on my record, not even traffic violations.

My attorney only texts me and doesn't really answe my questions. What am I looking at? Probation, weekends in jail, a fine? I don't know what I need to do or if I can request a certain punishment.

Asked on 1/10/13, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

Hire a different lawyer who can work to get you a pretrial diversion so the case can be removed from your record in the future.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/13, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas