Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas


My name is Maria and I have a question about age of consent.

I live in San Antonio and I am 17 and my boyfriend just recently turned 20 in Dec. n i am currently pregnant by him but i am under state custody but i engaged in sexual acts at 17 and now CPS are trying to charge him for rape is it possible for them to charge when i stated to engage at 17 ?

Asked on 1/10/13, 12:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

CPS does not charge anyone with crimes; only police with the consent of prosecutors.

If you did not have sex when you were under 17, then there is no crime.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/13, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas