Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Greetings. I am inquiring as to possible options and/or avenues that can be taken in reference to an incident which occurred in 2006. In 2006 I was charged with a felony degree of Robbery for resisting the asset protection personnel at a large conglomerate store while trying to take an item under valued at under $20 out of the store. In 2007, under the advice of my lawyer, I accepted a plea bargain and pled guilty to two counts of misdemeanor assault causing bodily injury; served & completed community service, paid all fines and court costs, completed probation requirements amicably. My question is thus, in order to get on with my career as a recent college graduate, is there anything that can be done about my record?

Asked on 2/09/11, 11:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

D McBride McBride Law Firm

If someone can seal their record depends on many different factors. In addition, certain procedures must be followed to petition the Court to seal a record. A criminal defense attorney should be able to screen your record to make sure its eligible to petition the Court.

answer provided by

Read more
Answered on 2/10/11, 11:47 am
Paul Walcutt Law Office of Paul Holt Walcutt

If you were found guilty and placed on regular probation, then these convictions are on your record for the rest of your life.

If you were put on deferred adjudication probation, then you may be eligible to seal these arrests/deferreds through a Motion for Non-Disclosure.

You should speak with a lawyer in the county your case was in for more information.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/11, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas