Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I used to live in Brooklyn NY. I move to Texas in 213. My job ran a background check on me and found that I have a warrant for my arrest. what should I do?

Asked on 6/26/13, 6:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

Where is the warrant from? If it is in Brooklyn, then contact a Brooklyn lawyer. If it is a felony, you can be arrested and extradited from Texas. If it is for a misdemeanor, you will not be extradited so they would not arrest you on that case.

Better to clear it up on your terms than to be forced into a situation (such as entering New York through a return flight from somewhere and being taken into custody.)

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 3:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas