Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I have a misdemeanor charge for theft from 2005. What I would like to know is if I would be able to get it expunged or sealed, and if I did, would a school be able to pull it up on my background check for employment?

Asked on 4/11/13, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If it was dismissed or you were found not guilty, you can expunge it - wipe it completely off your record.

If you completed deferred adjudication probation, you can petition for nondisclosure to seal the record. A school would be able to find it. Employers who use fingerprints for background checks would find it. Local checks would not find it.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/13, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas