Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Ok here is my question. My brother and his wife were driving to get something to eat last week around 11pm. a white suburban side swiped my brothers car and that caused them to hit a pole. the cops were called and a police report was done. the police wrote down the suburban peoples information down. my brothers car was totaled and the cop suggest they tow it to the city pound. so they did. the next day come to find out the people in the suburban gave the police invalid information nor can they find the suburban or the people. so the police say they cant help them and they should get there car out the city pound. in order to get it out the pound itll cost 500 something dollars plus a 100 a day it sits. what should they do? my brother is extremly upset and feels the police should help but he dosnt know what steps to take. please help. thanks.

Asked on 7/11/13, 2:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

This is not a criminal law question. The police are in no position to help except to try to find those who hit him; however, they are not responsible for the impoundment of his truck.

If he had insurance, they should be handling it. If he had liability only, he will have to get the truck out ASAP or the bills will be piling up.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 3:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas