Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Was sentenced to 3 years defferred adijucation probation instead of 6 months -2 years state jail time (texas) cant afford probation fines, court cost ,restituion, almost 400 a month. I lost my job nd would much rather serve jail time nd pay my dues .. how do i go about doin that ? I know i will be revoked soon for lack of payments. Nd will i have 2 pay when i get out ? Thank You

Asked on 6/16/13, 6:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You can simply tell your probation officer that you cannot afford the probation. While you cannot be revoked because of inability to pay the fees, you could be revoked for failure to pay restitution.

The judge can sentence you to between 6 months and 2 years in state jail. When you get out, the only way you would have to pay anything is if there is a judgment against you for the restitution.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas