Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

On Sunday June 1st, my wife and I got into an argument that resulted in her hitting me (not that hard) on the right arm.After this happened, she immediately left the house. I called the police, following bad advice from my Mom, and now my wife has been charged with Class C Assault. When the police arrived, my wife wasn�t there. They asked me to tell her to come back, and she did. We were both cooperative. I made a huge mistake calling the police, and I want this to be dropped, but dismissed as a last resort. A few hours after the incident, we were fine. How can I fix MY mistake? She is a nurse and I do not want to jeopardize her nursing license, and we are terrified of what this could all mean for our future. Please help.

Asked on 6/03/14, 2:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Based on what you have written, there are a few options which may be available to your wife. First, which municipal court is handling the case against your wife? Second, when is your wife's first court appearance? Third, when does your wife's nursing license come up to be renewed? These and some additional questions would need to be answered so as to provide an more clear and direct opinion. You and your wife should consider getting assistance from a law firm who can help out with this matter. You and your wife may contact my firm for a consultation to discuss more in depth the ins and outs associated with such a criminal allegation. The above response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an on-going duty to respond to questions. Additionally, the response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/14, 3:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas